Adirondack Services - Poor customer service!!!
I had this company come out today for a free second opinion and quote.The technician, Andrew, came out promptly and began discussing with my boyfriend the options to repair our a/c.
He had told him we could replace a part and see if that would fix it. The night before, a different company told us the same thing and installed the part. However, the part ended up failing while they were still there, so we wanted to make sure this part didn't do the same thing. After installation, it had lasted a while, but we had decided we would call around and get some other opinions.
They tried to charge us for the part and the service rendered which was a grand total of $400 when we could purchase the part elsewhere for $30. It then became a debate over whether or not we should be charged since they were supposed to come out and only offer an opinion and quote and we hadn't signed anything agreeing for him to do any services. Andrew had also told my boyfriend that he HAD to install the part to make sure his diagnosis was accurate anyways. I could hear the technician getting louder towards my boyfriend and decided to contact the main office to speak to a supervisor.
I was told by the receptionist that he would relay the message and have someone call me shortly. After hanging up the phone, my boyfriend and I realized the technician had left without saying a word. There was no bill or no note left behind. He took the part with him and left out unit disassembled (which wasn't the way it was before and we have pictures).
Also, he left our back gate open which really irritated me since he never even announced his departure. After this, I saw I had two missed calls from the company and had called back. It turns out the receptionist told the technician (who was just on site) to call me. He was very rude to me and was even yelling on the phone at some points.
He told me that it was not his responsibility to close the gate since he didn't open it and that he would not have been liable if one of my dogs had gotten out since he never unlocked it in the first place. He also told me that he works off of commission and wasted his time here if we weren't going to pay for his services. Unfortunately, I had to yell back at him to have him stop talking to me in this tone. I said to him I was trying to understand both sides of the situation and then he got heated again.
He said that no company would come out for 2 hours and not have a fee. Again, he assumed wrong! I told him we had a company out the night before for 3 hours and they didn't charge us anything! Also, I had repeatedly asked to speak to his supervisor and his response was "What for?!" They ended up not charging us, but I still wanted to notify the manager of this specific employees attitude for his job since he is the face of the company, but he wouldn't direct me to his supervisor.
Never in my life have I ever been spoken to the way Andrew spoke to me. He also didn't have any concern for my personal safety as well as my dogs if they were to escape with the back gate being left open. This company seems to be more concerned about profit and commission rather than customer service. I was so upset that I had to hang up on him.
I called my mom in tears after being yelled at by this man. She called the receptionist and requested a phone call back from a supervisor as soon as possible. I have yet to receive a phone call 6 hours later. Clearly, customer service is not a priority here and my business is disposable.
If you are a woman, please steer clear of this business because this company has no limits of the things they are willing to say or do to make a quick buck. I would have been intimidated if I had this conversation with Andrew in person.
All I wanted was an apology after this and an understanding that we were both in the wrong to assume one another's words, but like I said, it isn't a priority to this company.I would recommend AND services/Alexa Air LLC - Phenomenal!!!
More Review Details
- Reason of review:
- Bad quality
- Product or service
- Ac Repair
- Review category
- Household Services
You May Also Like
- "Almost 2 years ago, we called Feldco to have new windows put in. 2 men showed up at the door ready to get started. One of them did not speak..."
- "We have a horrible icicle problem in the winter, according to Leaf Guard it's due to "heat loss". Our patio roof was added on after the house was built, there's..."
- "On August 31st, my sink was clogged and i contacted Plumbing Rescue after my efforts to undrain the sink failed. They came out the same day and had to..."
- "Bought treadmill in NOV 2016. Was supposed to be able to Bluetooth you tablet and heart rate monitor. Just bought a new tablet and tried to sync following the instructions...."
- "I received a letter from GECU stating that I was "pre-approved" for a credit card. When I call to inquire, I was told that I did not qualify. When I..."
- "My wife’s Asus laptop screen started flickering 4 days before the warranty was up. This was the only stroke of luck in the whole scenario that follows. Checked the device..."
- "I selected Payless because it was going to cost me $30 less than Enterprise at the Tampa Airport in January 2016. It took me AN HOUR AND A HALF to..."
- "I went in to the Fantastic Sams on US 41 in Bradenton, in the Target plaza. I used to go to the salon in Ellenton and recently moved to this..."
- "I am an extremely pleased customer of Leonid Afremov. I received my AMAZING painting recently. It arrived in a timely fashion. The oil painting on canvas was very well done..."