Adirondack Services - Poor customer service!!!
I had this company come out today for a free second opinion and quote.The technician, Andrew, came out promptly and began discussing with my boyfriend the options to repair our a/c.
He had told him we could replace a part and see if that would fix it. The night before, a different company told us the same thing and installed the part. However, the part ended up failing while they were still there, so we wanted to make sure this part didn't do the same thing. After installation, it had lasted a while, but we had decided we would call around and get some other opinions.
They tried to charge us for the part and the service rendered which was a grand total of $400 when we could purchase the part elsewhere for $30. It then became a debate over whether or not we should be charged since they were supposed to come out and only offer an opinion and quote and we hadn't signed anything agreeing for him to do any services. Andrew had also told my boyfriend that he HAD to install the part to make sure his diagnosis was accurate anyways. I could hear the technician getting louder towards my boyfriend and decided to contact the main office to speak to a supervisor.
I was told by the receptionist that he would relay the message and have someone call me shortly. After hanging up the phone, my boyfriend and I realized the technician had left without saying a word. There was no bill or no note left behind. He took the part with him and left out unit disassembled (which wasn't the way it was before and we have pictures).
Also, he left our back gate open which really irritated me since he never even announced his departure. After this, I saw I had two missed calls from the company and had called back. It turns out the receptionist told the technician (who was just on site) to call me. He was very rude to me and was even yelling on the phone at some points.
He told me that it was not his responsibility to close the gate since he didn't open it and that he would not have been liable if one of my dogs had gotten out since he never unlocked it in the first place. He also told me that he works off of commission and wasted his time here if we weren't going to pay for his services. Unfortunately, I had to yell back at him to have him stop talking to me in this tone. I said to him I was trying to understand both sides of the situation and then he got heated again.
He said that no company would come out for 2 hours and not have a fee. Again, he assumed wrong! I told him we had a company out the night before for 3 hours and they didn't charge us anything! Also, I had repeatedly asked to speak to his supervisor and his response was "What for?!" They ended up not charging us, but I still wanted to notify the manager of this specific employees attitude for his job since he is the face of the company, but he wouldn't direct me to his supervisor.
Never in my life have I ever been spoken to the way Andrew spoke to me. He also didn't have any concern for my personal safety as well as my dogs if they were to escape with the back gate being left open. This company seems to be more concerned about profit and commission rather than customer service. I was so upset that I had to hang up on him.
I called my mom in tears after being yelled at by this man. She called the receptionist and requested a phone call back from a supervisor as soon as possible. I have yet to receive a phone call 6 hours later. Clearly, customer service is not a priority here and my business is disposable.
If you are a woman, please steer clear of this business because this company has no limits of the things they are willing to say or do to make a quick buck. I would have been intimidated if I had this conversation with Andrew in person.
All I wanted was an apology after this and an understanding that we were both in the wrong to assume one another's words, but like I said, it isn't a priority to this company.I would recommend AND services/Alexa Air LLC - Phenomenal!!!
More Review Details
- Reason of review:
- Bad quality
- Product or service
- Ac Repair
- Review category
- Household Services
You May Also Like
- "This company deals with â€œhalf truths.â€ Upon hiring, you are promised a seemingly incredible income, with all types of advancement opportunities. Strictly for the birds.As a salesperson, you are..."
- "Installed LeafFilter around the 1st of April 2013. We paid $5800 for the LeafFilter product on our house with a lifetime warranty. Sure the gutter does not clog... because..."
- "Carpet install on (2) sets of 5 steps, pieced together, cut wrong, installed using 2 different methods, missing padding. Luxury vinyl tile install, installer cut new flooring on top of..."
- "I ordered some items for Valentine Day, early, on 12/30/15. On the 6th, I realized they had not shipped as yet, so I requested a refund. Ironically, it was shipped..."
- "After the surgery at age 56, neither I nor any of my family or friends saw any evidence of the lift or the liposuction under my chin. There was no..."
- "I am an extremely pleased customer of Leonid Afremov. I received my AMAZING painting recently. It arrived in a timely fashion. The oil painting on canvas was very well done..."
- "I have become the victim of rascism by Kayla Dormer who is emploed at Aerotek recruting which is a recruiting firm. I met Kayla for the recruitment process and ..."
- "Many of the nay-sayers of this company are correct about the business practices. If you can get the product, especially the night cream, do it, but if just trying to..."
- "My girlfriend and I checked into the Comfort Inn in Mt. Airy, N.C., only to find bed bugs in the room. With nowhere else to go, we were put..."