Clearwater, Florida
Service Scheduling

Adirondack Services came out to repair my A/C. After they moved my service to later in the day, twice, a tech finally came to my home.

I watched him go outside and turn the system on. A breaker tripped. He reset it and it tripped again. He said I had a bad compressor.

I asked if it was under warranty he said yes the system is only a few years old. The tech went to his van and called somebody. When he came back inside he had an invoice that said $2800. I asked why a compressor is half a new system.

He said there is a lot of labor involved. I asked how much labor costs. He said $90 and hour. So it takes 30 hours to install a part that doesn't cost the company one cent because it's under warranty?

NO WAY!

For your information I called another company that was 1/3 the price, much more professional, and has a far better reputation. If you care about your bank account DO NOT contact Adirondack Services.

Reason of review: Pricing issue.

Preferred solution: Price reduction.

Adirondack Services Cons: Scheduling, Cost, Customer service, Technicians.

Comments

Yea, its pretty tough, there are surefire ways to determine if the company is going to take good care of you. Treat it like a car or home purchase, it needs to be repaired, maintained and installed the right way all the way.

I hear all areas are different, I'm in the Rhode Island area, but some practices may be easier than others in certain places, like I know out west they put the a/c units on the roofs a lot of time. I literally just wrote about companies that have poor HVAC practices rhodeislandqualityhvac. blogspot. com is where you can find it, I have covered the basics, making sure they have product warranties, and actual experts...but I also touched base on a few other tips, like making sure they have an expert that can service you EXACT specific product, before you hire them.

No one wants to have the company learn on their brand new a/c ...that is a shame.

Need professionals. : )